Counter

Monday 1 September 2014

Life On The New Farm

Well we'll give this another try! It has been along time since I've tried to keep a blog but who know's maybe this time it'll stick.
Leanne and I have moved to a small 3 acre hobby farm outside Zurich, Ontario.  We have an old Century farm house that has been nicely renovated and has all the charm to keep Leanne(or the Warden as I call her-LOL) happy.  The property also boosts an old Bank Barn which has been slowly brought back by it's last couple owners.  The last owner installed 4 nice horse stalls and a tack room in the main part of the barn.  The back part of the barn has 4 other pens.  I have just built a chicken coop in the main part across from the stalls.  I will post pics next post.
This past weekend we celebrated my son Graydon's 2nd birthday and the farm's first members.  2 Berkshire piglets which were born June 6th.  The Warden named them Curly and Moe. We also got 2 Plymouth Chickens - a Rooster and Hen named Carlos and Amy.  The Warden's brother gave them to us as they couldn't stand the crowing from Carlos at 5:30 in the morning.  I have 12 Laying hens coming next week so needless to say we will have quite the barn for the winter.

I'll keep you posted on the trials and tribulations that we encounter along the way!









No comments:

Post a Comment