Counter

Monday 11 May 2015

Monday, May 11, 2015





When I left you off last time I was finishing my Maple Syrup.  Here's the finished product, 14L all jared up and ready to go.  That's about 20L for the year, not to shabby!


Snow on April 23rd.  It didn't stick around long!


Graydon helped me put the Lean Mean Sap Machine away for another year


While we were up in the Barn we brought down The Warden's patio set.


The Murphinator in his dog cave


Addison has lost another tooth!


Chicks are growing like crazy!  Since this pic was taken they have already grown and feathered out a lot more.  You'll have to wait until the next update for that photo! 


A couple Friday's ago Graydon and I went to The Outlaw's with the tractor and tilled the garden up for them.


The last couple Sundays I've been taking the Kiddo's out on the Ranger and collect empty beer bottles/cans and liquor bottles.


Early morning sunrise on the ranch


Leveling out the garden before we plant


Addie wanted to ride along so she jumped in the bucket and away we went.


Addie helped me make rows and plant the seeds


Sow far we have (from R to L) Onions, Carrots, Radishes, Beets, Spinach.  Ol' Grand Pappy Frank can eat four out of the five of these; can you guess which ones?


That nights Sunset through the garden and The Warden's super duper clothes dryer


Here's the cows enjoying a snack one evening with the full moon over head


An old pop bottle we dug up putting in another garden for our Asparagus and Rhubarb 


Graydon hanging like a monkey at the Farmers Dell.  We went there for dinner last weekend.  Great burgers and ice-cream!


Well in the back is our first piggy Curly.  This is his last nights sleep.  Last Tuesday he went to market.  It was bitter sweet but was hard to see him go.


This is the set up to run him into the trailer.  After wrestling with Curly for a bit it didn't work.  I think the door was to small and he didn't like it.  I couldn't get him in there for anything.  I found out he has a lot more compact strength than I got!  I turned the trailer around and dropped the back gate and in he went.  A lot easier!  Mental note for next time!


Here I'm trying to talk Curly into the trailer.  It didn't work. LOL


Graydon and I tilling up the neighbours garden for them.


Last Thursday before I went into work I cut the grass for the first time this year.  It's hard to see but in the field the neighbour is setting up to spread liquid manure on his field.  One of the draw backs to having pig barns close by! LOL  Hope the winds are in our favour!


Graydon and I spotted this gardner snake out in the pasture.  I caught it and Graydon thought it stuck it's tongue out a lot!

Here's a video of a Grooming tool that I made - works good on the Horses, Cows, Cats whatever!


This weekend my sister Amanda and her kiddo's came up for the night.  First bonfire of the year.  It wouldn't be complete without Marshmallows!


Sunday morning the Kiddo's and I went out for our clean up of bottles.  Along the way they decided to clean up all the garbage so I had them clean up from the corner of Walnut Dr. and Fansville Road to Walnut and Bells Line. 



Audrey and a Snail she found


Graydon all tucked out from walking the ditch looking for treasures.


The kiddo's and there loot of garbage.  13 beer cans, 3 bottles, 2 Wine bottles, and a Vodka bottle, plus a lot of garbage.  Good Job!




1 comment:

  1. For a second, I thought you were packing the sapperator to bring it up to me. Grandpa Frank sez you gotta plant more burgers and chops.

    ReplyDelete